I abide by a strict code of conduct and work according to the following guidelines.
- Always conduct myself to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession by following the guidelines of the ICF.
- Comply with the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients and potential clients.
- Keep appropriate and accurate records of my work with clients and ensure they remain confidential, are stored securely and comply with Data Protection requirements.
- Maintain professional boundaries with all clients.
- Not charge professional fees without relevant and appropriate professional accreditation and professional insurance.
- Represent true levels of title, competence and experience in order not to mislead or misrepresent.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes of coaching that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Have qualifications, skills and experience appropriate to the needs of my client.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest and give notice of such potential conflicts.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Continually develop professionally in both the theory and practice of coaching.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, intellectual property and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching relationship at any point during the process, subject to the provisions of the agreement or contract.
- Ensure every client has a copy of this code.